Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's a Start!




I'm working on a quilt for my sister's 60th b'day...I don't think she checks my blog a lot or otherwise it's not really going to be too much of a surprise! I am using some of the Garden Party fabrics by Anna Maria Horner and other soft flannels and cords. I am embroidering each of her 5 childrens'/spouses' names plus all 10 of her grandkids' names. And then her two nieces which are my two daughters. She will love cuddling up with it. I decided to make this one like my Etsy baby ones - in the shabby chic style - so it will be extra cuddly. Thanks to Amber for answering lots of questions about some patterns! Hopefully someday I'll make pretty quilts like yours! Congrats to the winner of your recent quilt giveaway! Off to pack more boxes and hope to sneak some sewing in as well! I got lots of pretty fabrics for our new sunroom!

3 comments:

kungfuorigin said...

Cool pic!!

artsyclay said...

Wow, that's going to be an incredible keepsake!

Sandee said...

Oh my goodness, this is going to be gorgeous and your sister will be thrilled......I love that fabric sew much!!